San Bernardino man shot at by immigration agents taken into federal custody

KABC logo
Saturday, August 30, 2025 7:50AM
San Bernardino man shot at by DHS agents taken into federal custody
San Bernardino man shot at by DHS agents taken into federal custodyA San Bernardino man who spoke out after immigration agents fired shots at his truck earlier this month is now in federal custody.

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino man who spoke out after immigration agents fired shots at his truck is now in federal custody.

The lawyers for Francisco Longoria say more than a dozen armed agents swarmed his home early Thursday morning.

Earlier this month, masked agents surrounded Longoria's work truck and shattered the windows. He drove off, saying he feared for his safety.

Video from inside the man's car shows Customs and Border Protection officers breaking the windows before three shots were fired.

Cellphone video from inside the truck shows masked men smashing the driver's and passenger's windows.

That's when agents fired two shots into the passenger side of the truck, narrowly missing Longoria's 18-year-old son.

The Department of Homeland Security argues the driver struck two officers, and that shots were fired in self-defense, which can't be clearly seen in video of the incident. Longoria's attorneys dispute that claim.

New surveillance video released Friday shows the moment federal agents surrounded a man's work truck in San Bernardino as they tried to detain him.

His legal team is calling for an investigation into the shooting.

"We are here to call upon city, county and state officials, asking them to investigate this shooting," said Jason Sanchez with the Simon Law Group and Justice Team at a press conference last week.

Attorneys for Longoria said if the city does not have the resources to investigate, they're asking that they turn the case over to the state.

DHS released the following statement:

"Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) successfully secured a criminal warrant from the U.S. Attorney's Office for Francisco Longoria-a criminal illegal alien-for assault on a federal officer. On August 28, 2025, HSI's Special Response Team, with support from CBP Office of Field Operations, executed the warrant, entered the fugitive's residence, and placed him under arrest."

Copyright © 2025 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.